For Ruby... (Ruby Dog Rat Rod) Updated 7/29

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Alright fellas, here she is! Had fun buildin it, even more ridin it. Didn't use the fork I intended to (bent); just stuck with the original for now. Other than that, everything went smoothly. Hope you dig it, cuz theres a lot of nice rides around here!
Before...
DSC01238-1.jpg
and after.
DSC01430.jpg
DSC01403.jpg
DSC01427.jpg
DSC01419.jpg
DSC01417.jpg
DSC01418.jpg
AAAArgh! Alright, well, the clear coat started to bubble on the tank plate, so I decided somethin had to be done, couldn't just ignore it. :x I ended up strippin all the clear and unfortunately the right "Ruby" side also, wich sucks cuz I really liked it. Think I cleared it too soon, and the stain hadn't completely dried so it was cracking the gold leaf. oh well... So it came time to decide whether to re-do the lettering or try somethin new altogether, and since I've never been a fan of repetition, had to do somethin new. So I decided on a sacred heart with Ruby over it- It's got her name and kinda balances out the other image, being on opposite ends and whatnot. Sorry bout the sorry pics- just wanted to update it... hopefully its at least a lateral move.
DSC01484.jpg
DSC01483.jpg

Re: For Ruby... (Ruby Dog Rat Rod)

Wow...what a transformation.

The tires and your paintwork really make the bike.

another dramatic transformation! :D

I feel a bit stupid, i stared at the before for a couple minutes, trying to figure out what you did
then i read it was before, and scrolled down
:shock:

That is one killer looking bike, love that wood tank panel thing, the eyeball is nifty

I mean, it's nice...but kinda plain ...do you have problems with your mandals slipping off when you ride? Yus Kiddin man, awesome build, glad you did it, gots my vote. :D

Whew! Thanks everybody! Wasn't sure what to expect... :D Really appreciate all your comments, glad you likey . :mrgreen:
Benz- You know mandals aren't allowed round here!

TheFlyingDingo said:
I feel a bit stupid, i stared at the before for a couple minutes, trying to figure out what you did
then i read it was before, and scrolled down
:shock:

That is one killer looking bike, love that wood tank panel thing, the eyeball is nifty

You got company, I did the same thing :shock: . Then I stared at it some more when I scrolled down and it stared back.

Great job, like it!

GL

Graylock said:
You got company, I did the same thing :shock: . Then I stared at it some more when I scrolled down and it stared back.

Great job, like it!

GL
Thanks GL. Yeah, that eye's got a starin problem, no blinking :mrgreen:

great bike to start with - you made it awesome.

Thanks fellas! I really appreciate it. :D

whoever Ruby is, she is lucky!

Thanks guys! The bike started off as a Western Flyer Grand Trophy. 80ish I think

Very cool bike! I really like that flying eyeball you painted on there! :D

Latest posts

Back