FOR THE DFW, TEXAS FOLKS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I spoke with John at Bicycle Exchange in old downtown Carrollton yesterday and he is making plans for a gathering at the shop some Sunday in the next month or so. For those of you who don't know, John recently purchased the bike shop from Ron who has owned it for decades. Bicycle Exchange is a very cruiser bike/vintage bike friendly shop and they started out as a Schwinn dealer back in the day. They have always treated me well and have done good work at reasonable prices.

The city of Carrollton is about to finish a brand new large public parking lot directly across the street from the bike shop in the next 2 or 3 weeks. Once it is finished, John is planning to have some kind of casual get together on a Sunday afternoon for everyone who is interested in showing off their bikes and hanging out and shooting the breeze. He's choosing Sunday because all of the shops down there are closed so there won't be any traffic. It's right on the old downtown square so there will be plenty of room to ride around.

Once he sees how the parking lot construction is coming along he will let me know the details of the event.

Stay tuned! :mrgreen:

bikeexchange.jpg

If I'm in town, I'll be there...would love to meet fellow DFW folks. And I'll bring the twins! 8)
P8260008.jpg

They are still working on the parking lot.

The city had to get fancy with it and instead of just pouring a concrete parking lot they used paver stones instead.

I'm waiting for the call from the guys at the shop to let me know when they get the green light.

I think he wants to keep it simple....no voting, no trophies, no swap meet.

Just a day when vintage bike nuts can get together and show off their rides and talk bikes.

Any news yet? I'm about to finish my son's bike (well, sorta...at least where he can ride it) and I was curious. :lol:

Hey, just saw this the other day and was hoping it was from someone official? http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/bik/1728914820.html

I've been keeping my eye on this thread and stumbled on this CL listing that sounded very familiar... Any way is this the same event? Sure seems likely to me but wanted to be certain. My RRBBO5 hopeful will not likely be in rolling condition as the crank and head tube are currently rusted solid(not to mention what the chain looks like)... but maybe.

Latest posts

Back