FORD 32´ pedal car scratch build!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yoothgeye said:
I like that, you're giving me ideas! Did you use stainless steel?

That makes me really happy yoothgeye, that's the reason I post my builds, hoping someone finds it helpful.
That plate is regular iron I guess, just scrap I have around to build dropouts. I Polished and clear coated it... hope it lasts for a while, more pics tomorrow after I stain the wood.

Thanks outskirts!
Everything you see done here I picked up on this forum, I would have never even thought of building this whole thing without the influence and knowledge gained here.

First coat of stain has been applied, next one tonight after work, I promise pics!!

UPDATE!

2013-09-24%252023.41.44.jpg

I really like the way this is turning up, more to come soon!!! :wink:

Hi guys, it's been a long time since I last posted any progress, I apologize for that.

Soon I'll post pics of painted wheels, dashboard, and rear end.
Yesterday I relocated the front end behind the grill and now I like it better; thing I'm not convinced about is the grill.
It's gonna take a lot of time and effort to make it look decent and I'm not sure if I'll be able to pull it off at the end, so I need you guys to help me.

I cant' seem to find any source on the web to buy a grill. Remember I'm located in South America and that complicates things a bit.
It would be great if any of you could point me in the right direction! :thumbsup:

It's all right Luke! Thanks for being there mate! Decided to stick with what I have, is going to be a lot of work, but is worthy.

Took some progress pics:
2014-03-31+16.40.05.jpg

2014-04-01+11.32.27.jpg

The result so far:
DSCN1176.JPG

Color matches the wheel:
DSCN1175.JPG

Re aligned front end, moved behind the grill:
DSCN1178.JPG

And finally, The Grill
DSCN1174.JPG

What amazing craftsmanship!

I am amazed! Makes me wish I was a kid so I could have one!

Oly

Thank you so much guys, your good vibes are working for me!
Made some progress today :thumbsup:

New coat of bondo on the grill, with a couple more it's gonna be just as good as I want it:
DSCN1179.JPG

DSCN1181.JPG

Finished the drive train and the rear end!!!:
DSCN1182.JPG
DSCN1183.JPG

DSCN1185.JPG

DSCN1186.JPG

Bending that rod without heating it was the most difficult thing I've done working with metal!
Owner came visit the garage, I think she approves:
DSCN1189.JPG

DSCN1190.JPG

DSCN1191.JPG

Next is to get that grill done, the seat and fitting the wheels.
I need to find out how to build the direction arm, so all the ideas pics and experience you want to share are very welcomed!

Just about missed this one! It's great she will love it and remember it always.

Thank you very much for the kind words guys, I really appreciate it!
I need to find time to start on the seat and finish the steering column, after that is just details and it will be a roller.
Stay tuned for more, and thanks again for all the support! ;)

Back