Foremost "Swinger" muscle bike (UPDATES!!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello, I'm new on here, but have been looking at the gallery pics for years wishing I could do something like this.

I'm building up a 1967 Foremost "Swinger" muscle bike. This bike was given to me by my awesome Uncle, who had owned it as his first bike when it was new, then it served as my first real bike, too.

It was originally a funky purple color, but me and my father re-painted it a local custom car shop several years ago. Also, the seat was reupholstered by a friend at the same shop.

Then after building it up and riding for about a month, the handlebars cracked, and it got slowly scavenged for parts as it sat in our garage.

Now I think I've finally got some inspiration to build it up into a good custom cruiser, and let it be a fun ride once again.

Here's a few pics:

5954759760_77fcc44902_z.jpg

I love that seat-
5954760548_26941b7f0e_z.jpg

notice all the BMX parts in the background, :)
5954202125_30567e1803_z.jpg

Re: Foremost "Swinger" custom build...

so what do you guys think? any suggestions? I still need to figure out what to do for pedals, handlebars, and several other key items, so any good ideas would be much appreciated. :)

Here it is after some more work. still need to find bolts for the fenders, and widen the rear dropouts to fit the 3/8 in. axle on my back wheel. then she'll officially be a roller!!!
5960164820_4ecfb0ab80_z.jpg

close-up of the custom banana seat.
5960156436_67d01a43a0_z.jpg

my custom touch to the chaingaurd painted by yours truly.
5959613949_2c99dc429b_z.jpg

I really have no idea what to do for the seat post. could anyone give some input on that???

glad to see someone else building bikes in their bedroom. :mrgreen: you could try yo make a laidback seatpost, a reaaaly laid back one and turn the seat mount on its side. this one looks like a modern muscle bike

I found a guy near me that could weld, so I cut off an old pair of wrecked ape-hangers and had one side welded to a 22mm post. I'll post pics later. I'm trying to go with a '67 Camaro theme.

Now I just need to widen the dropouts, find a stem and some low-rise ape-hangers, pedals, replace the front axle and bearings, and get a license plate. there might be some other stuff too, but I can't remember right now. I wrote it all down somewhere...

Anyways, the build is coming along nicely, and I'll probably be entering it in the next build-off. 8) 8) 8)

tada!!!

5964285791_d0769462a7_z.jpg

I found a perfect fitting BMX quill style stem in my garage, and borrowed some pedals off another cruiser in the garage. I'm thinking about tinting the reflectors on the pedals red to match the paint. Also I'll be painting the inserts on the sprocket so it'll look something like this...

5964868776_e8a0033649_s.jpg

^ yeah, definitely!!! Now I just have to learn to wheelie good. :p

But I'm definitely entering in the build-off. I should be back building on Sunday-night/Monday, as I'm going to Nashville to visit some family, and hit a few skateparks with one of my other custom bikes...
5928254111_e5506b57e2_z.jpg
:D :D :D

yeah, I need to get to finding some new handlebars. :roll:

Anybody have an idea on what style handlebar to use???

TENNESSEE said:
^ yeah, definitely!!! Now I just have to learn to wheelie good. :p

But I'm definitely entering in the build-off. I should be back building on Sunday-night/Monday, as I'm going to Nashville to visit some family, and hit a few skateparks with one of my other custom bikes...
5928254111_e5506b57e2_z.jpg
:D :D :D

Is that an FBM ?

first thought it looked like a FBM Joint, like mine, but not sure due to the top gusset plate. just curious as FBM is local to me.

Love the Swinger, I posted my super duper rustbucket Formost Swinger a few months back in fresh finds - now I have inspiration to repaint and build it ( someday, lol .. so many bikes, not enough time ) .

~ AL

I think achrome sraight bar would look great. But it isn't very classic, whatever you think I guess

Back