Forgotten Lil Chik

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Scored this one yesterday a bit rusty and crusty, the rear wheel and pedals hardly want to move and the same with the forks/bars. I know it's a girls bike so all it's good for is parts but I can generally move these little bikes. Seems this one has not been ridden in 15 to 20 years and appears to have just been hanging in a garage. It's a very complete 74 and after I tore into it last night and started cleaning it a bit the paint is really nice. Check out the cool superman reflector on the front wheel must have come out of a cereal box. Strange thing with this bike it came with a top bar to make it a boys bike and looks as though it was used at one time cause there are some scratches where it mounts. The bar is nearly mint, don't know too many boys who would have wanted to ride a bike that said Lil Chik on the Chainguard. The previous owner said it came with it, I also was given the original owners manual that had a kids, Town issued safety ID card and bike registration that has a boys name on it and says bike type Lil Chik Convertible and that matches the safety sticker on the back fender, so I have to assume some poor kid wanted a Stingray and got a Lil Chik instead. At least it was blue and had the white non flowered banana seat.
5e4f9ca6a82dfec0d25a60366b8cd6d7.jpg

Nice find.

Looks like a 75 with the full fender, iirc 75-6 got those.

I have a light blue opaque 74 that has the short fenders and the floral seat.

Nice glitter seat on that one.

If you're willing to ship, drop me a line,

funny, mine has cereal box reflectors, too - a Sugar Bear one and a pair of Snap,Crackle,Pop ones.

Green Dragon said:
Nice find.

Looks like a 75 with the full fender, iirc 75-6 got those.

I have a light blue opaque 74 that has the short fenders and the floral seat.

Nice glitter seat on that one.

If you're willing to ship, drop me a line,

funny, mine has cereal box reflectors, too - a Sugar Bear one and a pair of Snap,Crackle,Pop ones.

Based on the serial number it was built in late 74 like November, that might be why it has the full fender Schwinn probably starting to roll into the 75 models then. Started cleaning it up and cleaning out the petrified grease in the wheels and crank that's proven to take a lot of soaking and scrubbing, will likely keep this local when I sell but thanks for the interest.

No probs :)

post a pic once she's all shiney

Looks good :)

It came out nice! It just needs one more thing. A decal on the chainguard that says "Looking for a" just before Lil' Chick. :p After all, what boy wants to own and ride a Lil' Chick? :wink: Gary

Latest posts

Back