Fork and stem help?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does this need a primer?
Depends on the results you'd like. I'd just clean it up spray over what's there, but my bikes are rough and tumble. If you have chips and stuff you want smooth, then sanding and primer and sanding and more primer and probably more sanding are in order

Primer makes for a better paint job . Apply , let cure a couple days , sand , apply more primer . Let second coat dry . Sand with P 400 sandpaper until all is perfect . Same with paint , apply , let cure , sand , reapply . A good paint job takes a month . A moment with the spray can , days to cure .

What color yellow would you call this and where can I find the same color to repaint the frame?
Signal Yellow (Molotow), Light Yellow (MTN94, has some other close colors). Osha paint may be hard to work with if you want a smooth coat. The delivery system is meant for roughshod worksite markings. High pressure cans with less precise nozzles and often cake-thick paint sometimes spit/sputter and require sanding, typically occurring with every press and release of the cap.. for me.

Latest posts

Back