fork stops?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone made or have ideas for some type of fork stop to keep top brace of triple trees from
banging into(+chipping)paint on frame,if forks accidently flop all the way over?

Metal stops, even on the custom motorcycles Ive been around, tend to chip up or get banged and rusty. My Dyno Duece has a nice rubber 'bumper strip' black elec. taped around the flat black top frame tube, it has a raised lip either side of the tape and looks decent. At full stop from either side the fort tube bumps it and no damage done. Sorry that I dont know what the prev. owner used for this, but keep your eye out for possibilities.
I know the hardware store has nice rubber 'feet', kinda cone shaped with a recessed screw center. If located correctly for the bump, on fork or frame tube, the tiny stainless screws shouldnt weaken anything.

My recently aquired Schwinn Slimline tank from a cool member on here was a fork stop (dented)

I was gonna smooth the dents out...but its only gonna get dented again.

My Harley drag bars hit the tank on full lock.

Thats just the way it is.

i tryed those n didnt stick well n was clean n i think im gonna try ones like on my amp just a bit smaller that screw in to it
udallcustombikes said:
I would suggest some rubber appliance feet. You can find self-adhesive ones that you could stick on the fork where it contacts the frame. I have seen them in black, gray, white and clear.

Back