Fork truss, and springers

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being new to this, and also having no one around me who even knows that these kind of bikes exist. I dont know the names of the types of springer forks and truss forks yall are using, some look home made many look like they were salvaged off of a another bike, and others look like kits. If I were to google a bike model that has these factory springers or truss forks what would I be looking for? Im thinking I might be going the truss rout.. im going to have to learn how to braze if I cant find one I can salvage.

Ah A good ol Texas boy. :lol: The truss rods came stock on lot of bikes . It really dosent do much...Just for looks. There were all kinds of springers designed by different frame builders. There are alot of them on bike builds on this site. I guess a Schwinn style is probably most popular and copied to cheap china repops. A monarch is probably second and it also is copied as a repop. Any of them make the frontend ride a little softer. Strut rods just look cool , and can be made out of brakeline from your auto parts store, or any small tubing. The clip that holds the top can be made out of the part off a cruiser that holds the front reflector.

Uncle Stretch said:
The clip that holds the top can be made out of the part off a cruiser that holds the front reflector.

Interesting, I'll use my search fu and see if I can find an example of that, but feel free to post up any photos you might have of one of those home made clips, please. I'd really like to see it.

Guess I could do a how to on it. Its pretty simple. I checked and I threw away the reflector I had in yesterdays trash. If you look at one it has the little part sticking out that keeps it straight on the fork tube. Cut the reflector part off and leave about an 1 1/2'' sticking forward. Then drill a hole in the middle and make a small plate for the bottom and drill a hole in the middle of it. Stick the tubing on both sides and run a bolt through both holes and tighten it up. Its just a clamp that you have made. Curve the brake line to something you like and smash the ends flat. Drill a hole in them and slip them over you axel and there you go ...homemade strutt rods. If your still confused look up Schwinn strut rods and look at that top holder and that is the part you build. Pretty simple . :roll: :lol: I will try to find one and take some pictures of how to.

Thanks for the replies, I found a "how-to" on this forum for truss forks. If I were to google or ebay search springer parts even China knock offs what would I type in?
Schwinn style? what is "repop"

pepper said:
Thanks for the replies, I found a "how-to" on this forum for truss forks. If I were to google or ebay search springer parts even China knock offs what would I type in?
Schwinn style? what is "repop"

Reproduction.

I'm not quite sure how "repop" got to be the short hand for that but it did.

Latest posts

Back