Found a Colson UPDATE + BUILD SHEET + OTHER STUFF

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Heres a few weekend finds I went to Copake for the first time .. All I can say is Wow ..
I bought the Colson as soon as I arrived at the show . 4/29 I FOUND THE ORIGINAL FACTORY BUILD SHEET IN THE HEAD TUBE.. ( Ive had three of these bike before this one none had the original paint or where complete. This one is close .Im wondering about the bars being correct ? I know the stem is not correct & maybe the light I dont think Colson had a Delta Winner light ( If anybody knows about the what the light & bars should be please speak up..) :D Also the bike is supposed to have a drop stand .I have the stem & the stand & maybe the correct light depending on what it should be ..

The stands my wife noticed while we where at a thrift shop. I just had to buy all three I couldnt help it..
The trike is a insanely rare Murray flying O I believe its called?? Some idiot wielded the back step plate backwards many years ago.. I can fix it though.

Plus I got some other odds & ends.It was a good week. :D
Thank you to the Member here that gave me a ride to the show..

[img]http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j350/tanksalot5/2012Taxesampbike008_zps695377eb.jpg

2012Taxesampbike014_zps65623fef.jpg

DSC00016_zps9f334518.jpg

DSC00019_zpsb6f65196.jpg

2012Taxesampbike009_zps85997a39.jpg

I have a few of these plates with other numbers.. Ill trade for any plate this year or earlyer ..
( No cereal plates please ).
2012Taxesampbike029_zpsfe348934.jpg

2012Taxesampbike034_zps6a8018fe.jpg

Re: Found a Colson at Copake + thrift store bike stands +

You had a Very Good Weekend.
Who's ever heard of thrift store bike stands? That's just too cool. or 3 cool!

found one of those trikes a while back but couldnt get it bought, they did let me get a pic of it tho. killer deal on getting 3 stands at a thrift store, I would have snagged all 3 up too.

Huge thank you for the reference photo.Its a big help.Ive only seen onbe other photo of a nice one That I cant seem to find on Google & theres no other pics of any that I know of?? . I really need one to answer a couple of questions .(If anybody has pics of these trikes please post them on my thread.)What did they want for that trike did they give you a Price ?? .
dragnusa said:
found one of those trikes a while back but couldnt get it bought, they did let me get a pic of it tho. killer deal on getting 3 stands at a thrift store, I would have snagged all 3 up too.

Nice bike! Bars on the Colson are incorrect and should probably be the more curved half moon style. The light is correct if it isn't stamped on top. I have seen torpedo lights on original bikes as well. I'll try to dig up some pics today. If you're interested in selling/trading the bars I would be interested.

Score on the colson! I love those bikes.

tanksalot said:
Huge thank you for the reference photo.Its a big help.Ive only seen onbe other photo of a nice one That I cant seem to find on Google & theres no other pics of any that I know of?? . I really need one to answer a couple of questions .(If anybody has pics of these trikes please post them on my thread.)What did they want for that trike did they give you a Price ?? .
dragnusa said:
I seen it when I was out picking up some flip bikes and it was in the flower bed. I asked about it and the woman said it was her dads and that it had been there forever and that he probably wouldnt sale it. going to have to find her number again and ask if he would sale it

Re: Found a Colson at Copake + BUILD SHEET + OTHER STUFF

Wow! What a super sweet score! Who finds work stands at a thrift shop???!!!!!!! :shock:
Lucky dog!

Re: Found a Colson at Copake + BUILD SHEET + OTHER STUFF

Awesome find with that build sheet!

I had one of those trikes at one point in time...
IMG_6672.jpg

I ended up selling it for $20 because it was missing the nose and tail.
Try searching around for rocket tricycle, I think that's what it is called.

Man I wish you you still had that one Id either would have sold you mine or bought yours.. :(
highship said:
I had one of those trikes at one point in time...
IMG_6672.jpg

I ended up selling it for $20 because it was missing the nose and tail.
Try searching around for rocket tricycle, I think that's what it is called.

I said the same thing when I saw yours...
I was going to restore mine but I couldn't find the tail and nose so I gave up.
I had considered carving them out of wood but the life got in the way :lol:

Latest posts

Back