Found a Old Elgin tank bicycle And a Murray Pedal Car

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Here it is.. I also found a Police car pedal car ..
DSC00051_zps691fc558.jpg

DSC00056_zpsc242803d.jpg

DSC00059_zps15ca803b.jpg

Skipton said:
Nickinator said:
you found a 34-36 elgin black hawk!!!!! rare bike!!!

Nick.

WOW! So cool can you tell us the story?

Not really a big story on this one ,I bought the bike at a local show from someone who had the bike for about 15 years,
This was a bike he never got around to fixing up. I already got the paint off of the chrome fork & it looks good for its age ..Im hoping the bars & the truss rods look as nice once the paint is off . This may or may not be my build off bike ..

tanksalot said:
Skipton said:
Nickinator said:
you found a 34-36 elgin black hawk!!!!! rare bike!!!

Nick.

WOW! So cool can you tell us the story?

Not really a big story on this one ,I bought the bike at a local show from someone who had the bike for about 15 years,
This was a bike he never got around to fixing up. I already got the paint off of the chrome fork & it looks good for its age ..Im hoping the bars & the truss rods look as nice once the paint is off . This may or may not be my build off bike ..

It may not be a great story but it was a great deal.I dont get jealous often but I have been feeling a tinge of it since Saturday :p
NOW, how about the fact that NOBODY was outraged when you JOKED about this maybe being your build off bike :shock:

Whos Joking ... They are just waiting for me to cut the bike in half streach it a foot.. Widen the tank & paint it pink with flames ,Then add some thick brick white walls. To finish it off ... :lol: Bri & Schwinray need to swap avatars Im getting confused for some reason :?: :lol:

Yeah, sweet Blackhawk! Check all the joints and welds along the seat tube before you put a lot of miles on it. The oddball frames aren't strangers to having busted joints here. I'm pretty envious of that bike and it takes something special to get Nick's eyebrows raised these days :mrgreen:

Jpromo said:
Yeah, sweet Blackhawk! Check all the joints and welds along the seat tube before you put a lot of miles on it. The oddball frames aren't strangers to having busted joints here. I'm pretty envious of that bike and it takes something special to get Nick's eyebrows raised these days :mrgreen:
Thanks I keep looking I dont see anything yet (Knock on wood).Once I get the red crap off of the frame it should help me know more .. Im considering a longer seat post( I have a long one foot long lucky 7 post) just in case .. Any thoughts ??

tanksalot said:
They are just waiting for me to cut the bike in half streach it a foot.. Widen the tank & paint it pink with flames ,Then add some thick brick white walls. To finish it off ... :lol: Bri & Schwinray need to swap avatars Im getting confused for some reason :?: :lol:

Im guessing Nick doesn't listen to Black Flag all that often and although my beard IS wicked sweet I can only dream of the day that I can rock a beard like Si...or better still Phil.

Latest posts

Back