Found at the show need help with ID

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
While at the Hot Rod Hoedown outside Philly with the New Jersey Devils today our friend Alley Cat bought this bike. It looks prewar to me with the wrong fenders but can anybody help with the make. There was a round badge but it's long gone.
THX
Spokes
cat1.jpg

cat2.jpg

cat3.jpg

These motobike frames are usually pretty tough but this one has a few features that makes me want to say it was a Rollfast with an incorrect chainring.

Looks like it was from the Motoballoon era from '34-'36ish. The forks are pretty distinct, with the flat top on the crown, and the headbadge could have been something like Royal Flyer or Black Beauty, which were both either DP Harris or HP Snyder, Rollfast's suppliers.

^^^^ I agree....looks just like the Rollfast I have sitting all torn down in my kitchen (advantage to being a bachelor...my whole house is a man cave) with the exception of the chainring.

Nice find! 8)

Oh, one other thing is that Rollfast commonly used those big dust covers on their crankset like you have.. still, these can be a pain to ID without a headbadge :|

Latest posts

Back