found in a parking lot

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just picked up an abandoned amf roadmaster serial number T1201060 in a parking lot (hence the username).
i checked it out for a few days to make sure it didn't belong to anyone. it was left laying on it's side untouched, gathering leaves and garbage. cob webs all over.
i took it for parts because someone ran over ot. the back wheel and fender are badly bent.
it has the multi speed internal hub (my main reason for taking it).
anyone have info on the SN?

thank you,

DirtMerchant

I don't think anyone has been able to decode AMF #'s. Post a pic in fresh finds, someone'll have a guess as to how old. ~Adam

yeah, i got a 59-62 amf roadmaster and have narrowed it down to those years by checking everywhere online and matching up the frame style and chainring to others i saw. dual top tube cantilever frame told me it was post 57' (pre 58' used the camel back double top tubes. the saw blade oem chainring told me it was pre 62-63 as by that point amf switched to their "stars" chainrings and then a different style after that, etc. still don't know if its a skyrider, pacemaker or discovery. has a cool two tone black and white paint job that i repainted original scheme and made it an open wheeled old school cruiser. post some pictures and i'll try to help out a fellow roadmaster owner.

here's the picuture of the frame. i stripped everything off except the chain and learned quite a bit of bicycle construction.
i don't know what to do with this, but it gave me a bunch of parts to experiment with on my main bike (frank, for frankenstein).

cheers!

IMG_0552-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back