What have you been riding lately?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forgot to post this pic for @ingola
Not a dookie pic, but a dooki dooki pic

1000021665.jpg

No 'nursing' oldies around today. This one is as tough as I could make it.

2017 40th Anniversary SE Racing Stu Thomsen Replica STR-29 Quadangle in 4130 Chromoly.
str2.jpg

Bullseye 40th Anniversary Titanium and Ceramic hubs, 14g Double butted. Profile Racing Freewheel, Shadow 1/2 link chain.
str3.jpg
str16.jpg

Chris King No Threadset
str17.jpg

S&M 4-piece 10x30 bars.
str6.jpg

Profile Racing Elite Crankset
str13.jpg

Paul Components Brake with Kool Stops.
str18.jpg

Bullseye Billet and Titanium Bear Traps
str14.jpg

Brooks C19
str19.jpg

Rigged for a 6'4" Goober. Giddy-up!
str11.jpg

str20.jpg

Attachments

• str11.jpg
    str11.jpg
    636.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I went for a quick shakedown ride while the rain held on my rejigged HD today. I used parts I already had, knicked the post and saddle from one of my other bikes and bought a pair of sticky DTH tyres for it. I used an almost new 6 speed cluster on a drum brake equipped wheel set I had laying around and a simple sis derailleur and thumb shifter salvaged from a late 80’s mtb.

I think this is the toughest looking and lightest reincarnation of this frame and can’t wait to take it for a longer ride when I get the time.
IMG_8854.jpeg

Last edited:
I went for a quick shakedown ride while the rain held on my rejigged HD today. I used parts I already had, knicked the post and saddle from one of my other bikes and bought a pair of sticky DTH tyres for it. I used an almost new 6 speed cluster on a drum brake equipped wheel set I had laying around and a simple sis derailleur and thumb shifter salvaged from a late 80’s mtb.

I think this is the toughest looking and lightest reincarnation of this frame and can’t wait to take it for a longer ride when I get the time.View attachment 271493
That thing looks so good with those yellow-lettered Maxxis tires.

I rode this Schwinn Varsity single speed conversion in the Freedom Festival parade. Build Off bike but it's not done yet, just rideable.

Freedom.Festival.Parade (15).JPG
Freedom.Festival.Parade (2).JPG

That thing looks so good with those yellow-lettered Maxxis tires.
I agree. Generally I go over the lettering on most tires I buy with tire black as I can’t stand it, but I held back this time as I thought the yellow lettering would compliment the frame.

Back