found some cool pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
God Bless America. Here in Oz, if you drove around in a car like that you would be considered criminal. LOWLIFE 4 LIFE!!! As far as that young skinner dude on that rat goes, FAR OUT!!! Looks like someone had too many welding rods and nothing to do with them!!! Awesome work. I suggest a number plate; "SKINRAT".

And that's my two cents.

bigdumbhead said:
found another cool one real quick...
l_e1b39972860a59a160fb23ee1d66c584.jpg

Us old farts refer to a "body drop" as "channeled". Kids these days...

I'm glad that the "kids" still shave door handles, but I hardly ever see chopped tops, kinda bums me out, so many newer cars would look cool with their roof chopped.

hey now, i know the term channel too. i also use nosed an decked..ha ha....yeah my 64 galaxie was fully shaved, nosed and decked, but not channeled or body dropped, ha ha theose bdys were fine how they were if you ask me.
l_c6092e1746c5ef5146aa455d2c927013.jpg

l_3cda619e08e0c70012b763b483e38477.jpg

nice job with that ford man. is that roof 'flaked? or is it just a pearl? 8)

in the very last post, i bet you the bike sits higher than the truck. love the bikes in the OP, and those mag wheels on the lowrider are absolutly siiiiick!!! lowriders, cruisers, bombers and others all cool.

ahh man great pics.. thanks. reason number 532 to get a welder

PRAISE THE LOWERED said:
attachment.php

where can i get those tires like that rear slick! perfect for my medics bike

is that a Cheater Slick? if so, hard to find.

ive got a 26 x 3 flame tread tire and it's bretty thick, so i was thinking i could shave the tread down and make it a slick. but i dont know how to go about shaving the tread off.

ive ridden tires down to the canvas, theyre alright is you dont brake too hard and skid
making a slick should be OK shouldnt it?
id have thought as long as you dont shave too much off the tire should be serviceable
id ride with a homemade slick
EDIT
then again i will also ride brakeless so i guess health and safety aint really my thing

I wouldn't try curb hopping or anything. Even a pot hole could make it blow out. Also, what happens if you actually HAVE to brake hard, or go into a skid? Say, to avoid a car? I wouldn't want to blow a tire out right then. Tires are the most important part of your ride. Don't mess with em. This is just my $0.02, of course, but I'm not going to mess with anything thats that necessary to keep upright and riding. Keep looking for a real set of slicks.

Back