Found this ????? bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Picked this up with some other from a guy in Pueblo, CO.
It has me completely stumped. The tag appears to say "Janes and Alice High Class Cycle". Could be James or Sanes not sure. Has some more modern looking parts, 3 piece crank, not skiptooth, so probably not that old. But the rear stand, seat and style make me wonder. It has a symbol stamped into the fenders that looks like ES3. The chainguard says Edgeworks on the back. Looks European to me but the writing is english. Any ideas?
CIMG2706.jpg

CIMG2709.jpg

CIMG2707.jpg

CIMG2710.jpg

CIMG2705.jpg

CIMG2714.jpg

I only have $20 into it so I may just clean it , grease it, put on some new rubber and see how it comes out. But the bike is screaming Steampunk style custom. Any info will help my decision specifically if there is any value to it.
Thanks

The hub is japanese Nankia. Aryaya wheels. Cannot make out the headbadge at all.
It is one odd bike.

The spring loaded drop stands were used in Asia much later than in the US and even Europe. I think there may even be some manufacturers that still use them in Asia.

This does appear to be an older bike but who knows how old. The hubs may be the easiest way to get a rough estimate of a date.

Other than that I haven't idea how you could find out more info on it.

dang. i dunno,but i dunno much :lol:
i hadnt thought asian.
looks 50s/60s french to me, but i'v been wrong befor.

I think you are right about Japan after looking at that link. I will post pics after I finish it. The first obstacle is finding a 24 x 1 3/8 rear coaster brake wheel. After a closer look there is one spot that is really rotted.

There aren't many out there but I've got a sears folding bike from the 70's with 24x1 3/8 wheels with a Sach Torpedo 2 speed auto in it.

Besides the usual suspects, keep an eye out for 24" folding bikes.

Latest posts

Back