Found this old muscle bike I forgot about

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this old muscle bike I put away and forgot about.

The fork has two brake holes and the frame is alot like the AMF Flying Wedge bikes but the frame is a bit different than the Flying Wedge frames are.

This bike was a 5 speed and all the parts in the pictures are original to the bike and off this particular bike.

The color was originally all black with white stripes around the holes or circles in the frame.

I am not real familiar with this particular bike but I definately wish it were a AMF Flying Wedge with the neater frame and not what it is.

The crank was severly bent and the old owner rode it that way a long time wearing holes in the frame where the crank kept hitting the frame. It needs to be filled in with weld but there are no welders who do good work in my area. One of the twin bars where the shifter goes is also bent in some and would somehow have to be straightened. It's a huge mess and cost-prohibitive to fix it, yet I won't get what I want if I sell it so I just keep it and wonder if I ought to fix it or not.

I probably won't do anything with it but I thought I'd share it.
IMG_6290_zps6eb63228.jpg

IMG_6291_zpse8c1ff9f.jpg

IMG_6296_zpsc5388cba.jpg

IMG_6299_zps886657ec.jpg

IMG_6297_zps92fde31f.jpg

IMG_6298_zps714d28c2.jpg

IMG_6295_zps78e7f612.jpg

IMG_6294_zps4ffadc08.jpg

I'm not sure what I'm doing with it yet. I know no one will give me what I want for it so I likely will just keep it and stare at it (unless a trade comes my way for a different bike frame or project).

I wish I had your luck. I love that AMF Flying Wedge you have. I never am able to locate anything like that in my area.

I have the exact same banana seat you have.

Well mine was a lucky score, It's the first one I have seen in 20 years of collecting. But it does seem like rare bikes and parts seem to find me. I wish a top fuel fork would find me soon though. It would look sweet on my wedge.

I used to have a top fuel fork. I sold it a few years ago.

I have had interest in the "whatever that is" bike I have there. I am not sure what to do.

I'll likely just sell it, it makes me sad to do so though. Let me think on it some.

If I deceide to sell it oleskool has first dibs and Green Dragon has second dibs on it. I go by order in which people ask.

I just posted it to show I "found" it again after sitting dormant and forgotten in a hidden spot in my garage awhile.

I really need time to think what I'm going to do with its remnants. All I can say for now is I don't see myself putting it back on the road. This bike doesn't like me. I can tell. I want a different muscle bike frame or project (boys only).

Just left the computer a second to go move the frame and the rest of the pieces of the bike.

The stupid thing fell on me and the bearings fell in my hair and the grease stuck them in good.

Now I know this bike doesn't like me.

I don't want it but also feel I shouldn't sell it. I have a real bad vibe coming from this bike. I think it's evil and don't want people to cross paths with a bike that has negative issues.

I see nothing but bad things happening to whoever owns this thing. Perhaps it's better off left unbuilt and never again on the road. I wouldn't want to see what would happen if this thing was a fully operational bike again. Very bad idea.

I'm thinking the bad vibe is that bike wants to be built an ridden I say sell it to Oleskool he has mad skills an will put her to work that's what she want a loving home just my .02

Heres the reply to all responces thus far.

The chainguard you see in the picture with the frame , fork, bearing cups and metal plates that go in the frame holes is the chainguard that was on the bike when I got the bike. it isn't a chainguard like we normallly see but merely a round metal cover that goes on before the sprocket. I have a aerobee chainguard but it does not fit this frame unless you do some modifying to either the chainguard or the frame.

i have had time to think on it and I will be selling the bike. It deserves to be put back on the road since so few vintage bikes remain out there, so I deceided any old bike should be saved and put back on the road if someone wants to do so.

I will be offering it first to oleskool since he asked first and if isn't interested Green Dragon was the next one to ask so is next in line after oleskool. If neither wants it, the bike will be eventually go to the for sale column when I am ready to post it.

The parts that go with the bike are shown in the pictures here. What you see is what there is and how it is. As mentioned the bike needs help. One twin bar is bent, and both sides of the frame have big holes where the crank wore the metal through from hitting the frame for years. It is what it is and is how it is.

I don't want to be the guy who keeps a bike and won't sell it just because like some of the crazy old car owners are out there. I'm not doing anything with it and won't, but unlike those people I will sell it and let someone else do something with it.

Okay. oleskool is no longer interested and I can't blame him. The shipping would likely be high to ship this. Green Dragon asked if I'd get a price to ship it but I have to be honest, i just started a new job working 12 hours a day that is a ways away and won't be able to catch the post office open since I leave at 5:45am and don't get home until 6pm or shortly after.

I don't want to keep him waiting on me and as I was poking around the for sale forum i saw the perfect chainguard that would really make the bike so I deceided to keep it and build it up into a bike again when I have the time and just collect parts. I'll have time to drop letters into mailbox's to send payments out to people but not enough to box parts and get to the post office while open to get shipping quotes.

I'll be swithching roles for awhile from seller to buyer.

Thanks to all who who expressed interest in this bike and to all for helping me rekindle interest in it.

Just wait till you see what I do with mine in the build off. You'll see the true beauty of this frame brought to life and you'll never want to get rid of it again.

I hada blue flying wedge and loved it. Wish I still had it. I'd never sell it.

It's just the frame I have is different than the neat style you both have. You have the cool frame that doesn't have the bar going from the crank to the fork tube. Mine is just unattractive.

I'm keeping it to see what comes of it once I build it up some, not because I actually like it.

I like both versions, especially the rear dropouts.

raggedjim Nice work! Mine will be far from stock when I am done since parts are about impossible to find and mine is missing almost everything. Perfect frame for a muscle bike gasser build.

I deceided to sell the bike after really, really thinking it over.

I was excited about building it but I honestly don't like the frame style and would rather buy a different muscle bike.

The bike is now posted in the for sale forum. If your interested please respond there so we don't turn the fresh finds column into a for sale column.

Green Dragon has first shot at it since he expressed interest in it before I even posted it up for sale (oleskool was technically first in line but he didn't want it so Green Dragon has next dibs, if he don't want it, then it goes by who responds next).

Latest posts

Back