Found this Western Flyer...thoughts?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mid to late 60s Murray built. Since it is a 24" it would not be comfortable for your average adult. If you had a 7 to 10 year old son you wanted to buy it for I would pop on it. I wouldn't be interested at their price. If they still have it after a month they should be ready for offers.

And your link didn't work so here you go
http://tulsa.craigslist.org/bik/2583893925.html

24" is pretty small for an adult. My 8 and 10 year old boys have an old 24" Schwinn that they ride. Heck the 26" are kinda small but rideable for a 5'10" person.

I am 5'10" and have no problem riding a 24. just look at my STREET DIGGER. I used to ride it alot when I built it a BLACK WICKED but needed a change. no I don't want to ride it for long distance ovet 25mi, thats why I have a 58cm road bike to ride over 200 mi in one sitting. so dude if ya like the bike then buy and have fun. my 1c FWIW. :wink:

Outlaw 8)

24"s work ok as apehanger/banana type bikes for medium size adults. :| I'd have to agree about the price though, about double what it's worth, in spite of the new parts (probably 50 bucks worth :roll: ).

I'd have to agree that price is way high. Maybe half that for a middle weight?
But as for the 24" debate: if you're 5'11" or under, go for a lean back seat post or apes/mini apes. You"ll be alright. I've got a couple of 24"s. The coolest thing about them is they're quick.

Back