Found

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was out running beagles on state land yesterday and found a old junk pile in the middle of nowhere, this bike was in there. Was wondering if it's worth dragging out and what it's worth?

LOL, I'm not really into bike's, just found this site to find out if it's worth anything of value....cash wise.
That's cool you guys collect and I know one mans trash is another's treasure and that's what I was hoping to find out on here. Should I pull it out and piece it or sell it as a whole? Looked around today while running dogs and believe the fenders to it are there also. Also found a bunch of other bike parts mixed in there.

That is an early 1940s Huffman built Hawthorne judging by the springer fork on it.
You might be surprised how easy you could get that ridable again.
Definitely pull that sucker out and all of the extra parts.
If you don't want it, sell it off so that it gets back into circulation.

Yep, I'll pull it out and all the parts I find. Not keeping it but will sell it. Whats the value of something like this?

It all just depends. You really need to make sure you check the frame and forks to make sure there are no cracks, dents, repairs, etc. That's the kind of thing that will help determine the value.

Pull it out and take better shots of it at home and we could probably give you a better valuation.

CeeBee..LOL, nope not expecting to get rich off it...but if it's worth a few bucks that will be great. Someone putting it all back together and sending me pictures even cooler. My hobby is hounds, I've put WAY more money into them already then I will ever get back in two lifetimes so I know how most hobbies go.
I will be back in there again tomorrow, I'll lug it out and the other bike parts I found and get a bunch of pictures and we will go from there. Thanks

CeeBee..LOL, nope not expecting to get rich off it...but if it's worth a few bucks that will be great. Someone putting it all back together and sending me pictures even cooler. My hobby is hounds, I've put WAY more money into them already then I will ever get back in two lifetimes so I know how most hobbies go.
I will be back in there again tomorrow, I'll lug it out and the other bike parts I found and get a bunch of pictures and we will go from there. Thanks

Value.

If it was mine I'd ask.

$150-$200.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would date the frame,and check the condition.If I didn't want to restore it,then I would auction it off on ebay,either whole or parted.The forks are a catch and are of value to the right buyer.

Bad news, there were not fenders in the pile like I thought, good news I found another bike in the pile. The badge reads EZ then under that it reads SPEED, Our Own Hardware.
Brought them both home and shot some video of them.

Both look like cool bases for projects.

Both sets of forks on each bike are bent. Pretty common when kids would run the bikes into curbs. Not sure if the springer on the Hawthorne can be fixed...it looks pretty bent up in more than one way.

The second bike appears to be a Schwinn DX that was rebadged for a hardware store...pretty common practice. The sweetheart skiptooth sprocket on that bike is awesome.

I'll let others comment on the value.

Bad news, there were not fenders in the pile like I thought, good news I found another bike in the pile. The badge reads EZ then under that it reads SPEED, Our Own Hardware.
Brought them both home and shot some video of them.

Yup, you picked up a pile of silver dollars in that junk.

1st bike pretty collectible although bent fork yet might be fixable, and the 2nd bike also collectible fork is usually easily fixed, a 40's to early 50's Schwinn.

Pretty good deal considering, back in the 1960's I wouldn't have given ya a quarter fer the 1st bike, nor the other.

Estimate, about 15-20 silver dollars for the pair. Spot silver @ $16.50

If anyone wants the bikes I will take $150 for the pair and buyer pays shipping or picks them up. I am heading down to Logansport Indiana on the 17th going threw Wisconsin and eastern Illinois.

Back