Fourth of July parade bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found out after this years Fourth of July , that our town‘s 4th of July parade Is for golf carts and BIKES .
It got me to thinking of building a specific bike bike to hopefully ride in next years parade .
I have a few old frames left from my yard sale days, most are either too big or too small for me .
I find it’s easier to make a too small frame useable than a too big frame , so I chose a Schwinn mountain bike frame for my build .
It being blue helped my decision.
I’m almost finished with it , except for adding white star decals on the frame , and maybe adding a Brooks B-67 saddle .
I have a 3”x6” American flag tag ordered to go on the rear rack , that says “ LOVE CRUISING” in white lettering across it .
Before the parade , I’ll attach an American flag to the rear rack .
Hopefully Covid will be gone bu then and I can enjoy riding in the parade .

Attachments

• 26358CE2-85CF-4C3B-B8A6-A1DC7A4E73C1.jpeg
    26358CE2-85CF-4C3B-B8A6-A1DC7A4E73C1.jpeg
    672.6 KB · Views: 83
I had trouble riding the Schwinn frame , it was just too small . So, today I dug out my Fuji MTB frame and swapped everything over to it .
I liked the Schwinn blue frame color , but I think the white and blue Fuji isn’t bad and it fits better . View attachment 129998
The Fuji is awesome! The blue is cool, but the white is way cooler!

Back