frame stretch

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok whiz kids, heres my idea, i wanna use rebar to stretch my frame and was wondering if that would hold its shape? not too sure bout it cuz i can bend rebar by hand but cant bend tubing by hand? i just dont wanna do all that work only to find that it doesnt hold its shape, i like the way rerebar looks n havent seen it on 2 wheels yet, anyone use it on their bikes yet?

Boneshaker used it on some handlebars, sweet bike The Green Hornet check it out

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2665&hilit=the+green+hornet

Seems like rebar would be awfully prone to bending in a bike frame under any kind of loading, but it might work if you did a heavily trussed design to spread the load out, but that would get real heavy real quick and the rear would probably still be weak side to side.

wonder if they make thicker rebar, that might work..

yeah thicker rebar will definitly work but! its still flexible and gonna be heavy as heck! i think im just gonna do the cantilever part of the frame rebar, and do the bottom in tubing, it'll have some flex but still rigid somewhat, im gonna be posting up some pictures of my progress tonite, hope you all check em out!

Back