FRANKINMIXTE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
heres what a mild mannered mixte looks like in full build...... :lol:
IMG_0024c.jpg

heres the frame I started with
IMG_0023mix.jpg

IMG_0021mix.jpg

IMG_0015mix.jpg

IMG_0017mix.jpg

Let the Butchery begin!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
IMG_0001c.jpg

IMG_0031c.jpg

IMG_0029c.jpg

The bottom bracket and sissy bar[ its the upper rear legs that was cut off!] are not welded on yet
the lower rear legs WILL fit a 24x3 tire when I'm done
My goal: mixte with 24x3" tires front and back powered by a schwinn exercise sprocket!!..and of course HARLEY APE HANGERS!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
but this is not until next year :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Now THAT will void your warranty for sure! Cool build. I would love to read about tips on getting everything aligned during welding, when you get to it.

Hugo

hey hugo whats up? i thought you were just supost to eye ball it close your eyes and tack. if it still looks good weld her up. :D you mean your supost to do ummm.. like math and stuff? oops

karfer67 said:
hey hugo whats up? i thought you were just supost to eye ball it close your eyes and tack. if it still looks good weld her up. :D

i think hes just lookin for an excuse to build a frame jig, ya know, and take pics and show us how its done for forum contribution purposes :mrgreen:

BTW the seat post has me wanting to see this finished soon :wink:

I was just messing with you guys. We all know frame alignment is over rated, right? :)

Go, outsider!

Hugo

Look's like a cool bike is beginning to come to life........ Just take another look at those chainstays, the photo makes it look like you may have a crankarm and/or chainring clearance issue. Wouldn't want you to finish welding everything and THEN discover you can't pedal it.....
Chop ON, Bro!
Ron

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thats a bloody good point..
grab ya crank and bearings and do a dry run.
Also you WILL need shorter than std cranks. I have pixie style cranks in Massacre.

Hugo said:
. I would love to read about tips on getting everything aligned during welding, when you get to it.

Hugo
?..alignment?/...like when the planets are in a row? :lol: :lol: oH i know, I just point the parts north then weld :lol: :lol: :lol:
iff that doesn't work, I guess I'll use a big Hammer... that'll strat'in er out rite quik :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: sorry Hugo that was too easy :mrgreen:

rstrantz said:
. Just take another look at those chainstays, the photo makes it look like you may have a crankarm and/or chainring clearance issue. Wouldn't want you to finish welding everything and THEN discover you can't pedal it.....
Chop ON, Bro!
Ron
Oh yes I won't make that problem twice THE FIRST TIME I had to brake out the big fat flat tip screwdriver and hamm.....oops .......the propper metal frabrication devices to adjust the clearance for adequate chain movement :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Jetro said:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Also you WILL need shorter than std cranks. I have pixie style cranks in Massacre.
yes check out my gold one, I used ones from a 24" girls bike and switched out the lowrider forks for a straight one
THANKS every one for the props, it will not be worked on till next year when my welding class starts up again.

But I'll leave everybody with another idea in the works for next year.....
IMG_0036c.jpg

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I feel like DR. Frankinstien...a project on the "Slab" and a big storm coming!! WWHHHOOOOOOOAAAAHHHHHHH :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back