Free '53 klunker, starting to look like a bike!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Free '53 now a klunker!

iven said:
aww... i was looking into what it was gonna turn out into :|
I'm not killing this build, just using a different frame. I'll get some mock up pics later. The 26" frame was a bit too big so I'm using a 24" frame. This 26 is becoming a klunker though.

Wildcat said:
Worksman wheels? looks good.
Not sure, they came off a women's cruiser I parted out. They do have the heavy duty spokes though.

Ok so here's what's going on with the other parts. I've had this 24" sears bike laying around so I swapped a few parts and I'm thinking it will look awesome with 20x3's front and rear. Kinda bomber look.

image-126.jpg

Did a bit of work on this again, the other fork wasn't long enough so I figured I'd just go with this Schwinn fork for now, also put a different crank in it, and a wide messenger seat.

Yes the rims are wide and the tires are fat. Gives it a cool angry look. I will eventually paint it or go to bare metal.

LukeTheJoker said:
Both bikes are going to be cool!
Watching...

Luke.
Actually sold the brown one a while back. Now just working on my diamondback mountain bike and this klunker.

outskirtscustoms said:
Actually sold the brown one a while back. Now just working on my diamondback mountain bike and this klunker.
:( Ah well, both this one and the DiamondBack are cool all the same! :D

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
outskirtscustoms said:
:( Ah well, both this one and the DiamondBack are cool all the same! :D

Luke.

Also just to let you know the brown one went back stock before it was sold, I still have the tires (On Dark Horse 2), the rims(On my low-rider "Dirt Devil" build), and the fork is still in my parts pile in the back corner of the shed.

Finally got around to messing with this bike again. First I took my COPPER wool scrubbie to the rims under running water and scrubbed the rust off the wheels to clean them up. (Copper wool won't scratch the chrome like STEEL wool does)

Quick before and after shot.

Threw my Middlemore (Similar to Brooks) leather seat on it and some up side down cruiser bars on it to see how it'd look as a board track bike till I get a single speed freewheel and find my 21.1mm BMX stem (The 22.2 won't fit).

Back