Free '53

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is gonna be fun to watch!!!

Tank, that seat looks more along the lines of early BMX styling than muscle bike to me.

Starting to look better but still not sure on the front end. Maybe get a chrome springer?
image-31.jpg

Cool, but it feels like it needs more mass or more curve to the front. Springer might do it.

How about, a sulkey slick with "hoosier" painted on the sidewall in the back, and a 24 inch with some tripple tree's up front? And the big old superbird wing up top. That would look cool (might build myself one like that actually) :D

kingfish254 said:
Cool, but it feels like it needs more mass or more curve to the front. Springer might do it.
Yeah it is looking a little empty, just trying to get the stance right then I'll worry about how to fill it in. I am kinda thinking of swapping the front wheel to another mag and 20x3 or at least a skinny 20" tire. I love the fat tire look though , Maybe a triple tree fork and go for more of a bobber?

If you get (or make) a tall sissy bar that bends back at the seat joint, then you could rivet on some roof flashing for a pretty smooth and slick Superbird wing.

MEEP MEEP!!!

Little more progress, waiting on my other 20x3. But this is what I got so far. I think the mags look great. They don't match but close enough.

image-34.jpg

image-33.jpg

Some computer modding and thinking about frame changes to compensate for the lowering led to this rendering I think I like it.
image-38.jpg

charliechaindrive said:
Now that looks slick!
Thanks I also have a trick up my sleeve that is gonna scream hot rod but I'm gonna make y'all wait to see it.

Latest posts

Back