free and cheap...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tuned up a couple of bikes so 2 sisters in my youth group could get around this summer. Their dad gave me this as compensation. I need to straighten the fender braces and give it a good cleaning/waxing. It rides nice as is.
IMG_5843.jpg

IMG_5845.jpg

IMG_5844.jpg

and I picked this one up from JohnPSmith for a ten dollah bill.
IMG_5846.jpg

IMG_5847.jpg

It's been taken apart and I am in the process of regreasing everthing. I'm thinking of ordering a 3-speed CB hub for the back. I put some 2.25's whitewalls on it, but they don't fit underneath the fenders very well. I bought some 1.95 blackwall slicks for a commuter project and am thinking about putting them on the tandem. If I do, I may paint the rims white like on the Rollfast. I may actually paint it to match the paint on the Rolfast.

jeff

Your Rollfast looks very similar to mine. Does it have a Bendix 2 speed kickback hub?

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

It is a Redband, but it has three stripes. I never learned what color meas what with these hubs, but three red stripes on mine is a 2 speed. :D

This is the picture I meant to include in my original post
IMG_0142.jpg

62H

62Higgins said:
It is a Redband, but it has three stripes. I never learned what color meas what with these hubs, but three red stripes on mine is a 2 speed.

3 red stripes or 3 yellow stripes = 2 speed coaster brake with a 1:1 ratio and an underdrive (hub sprocket moves faster than the hub, better for climbing hills )
-red and yellow bands are geared the same but have different brakes

3 blue stripes = 2 speed coaster brake with a 1:1 ratio and an overdrive (hub sprocket moves slower than the hub, better for top speed), even says "overdrive" on the coaster brake arm
-blue and yellow bands have the same brake parts but the gears are different.

1 red stripe = single speed coaster brake.

ratdaddy said:
I have just a single speed. Still pretty good for free, I say.

jeff

i was just postin to puke out some info

a singlespeed bendix is still not bad at all by any means, good hubs. and there is still somethin about having that 1 red band that makes it look faster compared to one without it too 8)

Latest posts

Back