Free bone-yard looptail, what is it?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was over at my buddy's place picking up a laser level and he has a pile of old bike stuff about 4 feet high with grass growing through it. My boys (ages 8 & 10) are each building 20" "rat" bikes with mish mash parts so we decided to pick his pile for doner parts. Under a bunch of other stuff I found this old BMX looking bike. It has been a pretty fun ride after I adjusted the handlebars and got the seat post unseized. My boys put some fresh tubes in it for me and donated a front tire and some pedals. It has a drippy brushed on house paint job so I was thinking of stiping it down and doing something cool in satin with some fresh knobby meats since it has been so fun to ride.

I know more about older larger bikes at this point and I'm not real sure what I'm looking at here. A few searches suggests it's a really eary Mongoose with the lower gusset above the crank or maybe a similar style knock off but I really don't know.

Anybody have a clue what this is?

Great find!
Im not sure what it is
post it here ,they might be able to help :mrgreen: ------>http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=69730&hilit=+looptails

does that have one or two gussets in the front?
If I remember correctly, Rampars have one and Webco has 2. that's what they look like to me.

mikeeebikey said:
does that have one or two gussets in the front?
If I remember correctly, Rampars have one and Webco has 2. that's what they look like to me.

Single gusset in the front...

Back