Free Motobecane Nomade

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked this one up yesterday. A friend of my dad's told me last week he had a bike for me and couldn't remember the name. Drove me crazy til I got it yesterday. Its a running bike, just needs new tubes. From a few searches i narrowed it down the mid 70's, not 100% certain though. Anyone got the inside scoop on decoding the serial? Imma bring this one back to life for my dad's daily rider.
IMG_2846.jpg
IMG_2847.jpg
IMG_2850.jpg
IMG_2849.jpg
IMG_2848.jpg

I'm no Motobecane expert, but I'd say mid - late 80's. The lettering ang color screams 80's, and the spoke guard on the rear is plastic. Most (if not nearly all) from the 70's were metal.
Also the headbadge... I remember reading something, don't remember where.... that the smaller "M" denoted later built models. Good bike though, I have one I used to ride all the time.

whoinphx said:
I'm no Motobecane expert, but I'd say mid - late 80's. The lettering ang color screams 80's, and the spoke guard on the rear is plastic. Most (if not nearly all) from the 70's were metal.
Also the headbadge... I remember reading something, don't remember where.... that the smaller "M" denoted later built models. Good bike though, I have one I used to ride all the time.
Early to mid 80s bike for sure..

Thanks for the help guys. Just curious more than anything. Ill be posting the clean up progress.

Back