Free MTB's...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I scored a nice little crop of (mostly) junk MTB's. I didn't know that Murray made bikes in Tennessee. :wink: So as it turns out I got two...And a bunch of parts:

IMG_0598.jpg

Made in the USA:

IMG_0599.jpg

IMG_0601.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0607.jpg

I've got plans for this one:

IMG_0608.jpg

IMG_0610.jpg

Mad Max anyone! :mrgreen:

Oh yea, and this Huffy Fair Lady copy:

IMG_0612.jpg

IMG_0613.jpg

Lots O' handlebars and stems:

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0620.jpg

Good thing I also bought this recently:

IMG_0622.jpg

I have NO idea! It's a Rat to be sure! I'll find out more after I start the build... :mrgreen:

Madmax? I think this bike takes that prize. I built this last year. lol

100_0159.jpg

Hsean said:
Madmax? I think this bike takes that prize. I built this last year. lol

100_0159.jpg
Dude! I can't quite 'un-tangle' all those parts...I'm not sure what that bike looks like! I looks cool, as much if it as I can see.. :wink:

Yeah... the whole thing is a bike lol somehow I fit all them parts onto it. If you wanna see more pics of it let me know lol

These are the only ones I have. this was the tank of bicycles lol

100_0160.jpg

100_0154.jpg

100_0155.jpg

100_0156.jpg

OKAY! :mrgreen: Now I'm getti'n it! Nice work...Spare tire...How many frames did you use? I think I'm gonna go for a minimalist/de-constructionist mood... :roll:

Maybe six or so frames are in there... lol and that spare tire does wonders. I used it many times. there was a front and back wheel on it. thats just front in pics. I really suggest building one of these. they are so fun and I haul alot of parts around on these big bikes

also the madmax bike you said. If you wanna make a longtail the rear end of those bikes works really good

Come on. I know ya wanna, you can even make beach cruiser ones! lol

Midnightdreamer said:
Would you be willing to part with the chain gaurd on that huffy? By the way i think it is actually a female huffy rangler from the late 70's.
Sorry... :( But no. I've got plans for that one already...I'm planning to do a 'gender re-assignment'... :lol:

Back