free parts???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All names have been changed (or eliminated) to protect the innocent (annoying!!!)...

I'm a giving guy when it comes to bike parts. Anything from my personal collection (to a point) is up for grabs. All I ask for in return is to return the favor (pay it forward) AND shipping costs. Usually, it's not much, but if i'm GIVING you the part, at least pay for the shipping. Is this too much to ask? I mean, I'm giving the part away for free AND you want free shipping? NO WAY!!!

It's happened twice here...I offered a part for the cost of shipping and the person was like, "well, you're already giving me the part. Can't you cover the shipping?" No, No, NO I CAN'T!

I've had this happen on another forum and I stopped giving the parts away. Let it be known: If I offer you a part (from MY collection, not the Bike Shop) I'll send it and it'll cost you SHIPPING ONLY! Don't complain!

This rant does not apply to the few I've sent parts to (who paid shipping only)

sorry...I needed to vent.
I'm done now.

I don't think that is asking to much Andy,

Gotavan sent me a Free crank and ring
......and a few extra little goodies...
..and I sent him some goodies and the money for shipping.

I think your post is justifyable .....and sending the Money
for shipping to a guy who's giving yaa free stuff
is pretty much a given.

just my 2 cents

If you have in $100 bills in that collection, I will gladly pay shipping! LOL
Yeah the giver shouldnt have to pay for shipping unless it is a surprise...ilikebikes!! thanks!!

I really cant afford to give stuff away but I try to cut really good deals. I had a person say, " yeah you can give me those bars." I said $10 for a set of bars worth $30. Replied " I dont have any money."

Be careful on those trades! You pay shipping on the item you are wanting not what you are shipping UNLESS they both items weigh about the same, then its not a big deal. etc.

It’s not unreasonable at all to have the person pay shipping for a part you’re giving them. The buyer usually pays shipping costs anyway.

I’ve often been amazed at how some people will expect you to lose money simply because you have a part they need/want. Isn’t free a good enough deal?

If I seem a bit grouchy about this, it’s due to past experience with muscle car stuff. You try to help someone out and BAM! suddenly you’re the bad guy because you won’t give them everything for free, including the shirt off your back. (drycleaned & pressed no less)

*switching rant mode off now*

On that note, if any body wants some dented fenders, a blue coaster brake Tuff wheel II (sans internals) or a chopper seat – you know where to find me.

-Mp

Dumpster Diver, Dharma, Im sorry. It was me both times I didnt mean 2 aggrevate im like dream shopping around here i dont mean 2 make ya mad, Sorry guys......

lol gherakthajkgna (smacks head off keyboard) how did i know? give the kid some slack lol. i agree if you are offered a free part pay the shipping. sorta like when i asked my buddy to give me a hand with some wiring on the ranchero. he wanted nothing for the work but i still went to the store and bought him some brews for his efforts :mrgreen:

ricksterr1221 said:
Dumpster Diver, Dharma, Im sorry. It was me both times I didnt mean 2 aggrevate im like dream shopping around here i dont mean 2 make ya mad, Sorry guys......

Backet-case.gif

you walk right into it every time Ricky.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kev,

once again, you kill me... :D

ricky has been shredded... but he is a good sport about it...
he just sets himself up for it, and i think he realizes that. plus he's like half the age of most of us on here...

ricky, hang in there, i think most are just busting balls, and dont really mean any harm by it.

just think of yourself as the "little brother" who always gets picked on.

Kev, your basketball thing says "one size fits all"...
not sure if that is going to fit the ricksterr though...
hope you kept the receipt...

(sorry ricky, had to sneak one in there somewhere :wink: )

It's all good...
Ricky and I have sent a few PM's back and forth..
we're all good.He's actually a pretty good kid.

I was just ribbin him...it's so darn easy,
he's like the little brother I never wanted :lol: :lol: :lol:

peace Ricky,
Kev.

october said:
Kev,

once again, you kill me... :D

ricky has been shredded... but he is a good sport about it...
he just sets himself up for it, and i think he realizes that. plus he's like half the age of most of us on here...

ricky, hang in there, i think most are just busting balls, and dont really mean any harm by it.

just think of yourself as the "little brother" who always gets picked on.

Kev, your basketball thing says "one size fits all"...
not sure if that is going to fit the ricksterr though...
hope you kept the receipt...

(sorry ricky, had to sneak one in there somewhere :wink: )

Hahaha its okay i dont mind the wise cracks im used to it! Speaking of ball busting lol, riding my typhoon today, chain snapped and i busted my balls! OWWW! Bluuuuuue balls BLUUUUE BALLS! Lol!!!

Back