FREE Western Flyer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Uncle dropped this off to me this evening. He's had it about 20 years and doesn't have much opportunity to ride it anymore. He figured I would appreciate it so he brought it to live at me house. I'm not sure what my plans are for it now, but they are a swirlin' in my head.
DSC02744.jpg

DSC02743.jpg

that's a good lookin' bike. it's almost to nice to change......almost :wink:

After an evening of contemplation, I think I'm going to strip it down to klunker form. I was going to build a board tracker out of it, but decided as a klunker I can comfortably ride the 4 miles to work this summer. Now I'm on the lookout for the parts I will need.

We'll see what happens. If nothing else I'm going to pull the fenders and chainguard off and, like you said, stick a brown seat on it. I'm just not a huge fan of the fenders.

Here's where I am so far. Picked up a new seat from K-Mart last nite. I wasn't sure if I would white or black walls, but I think I'm going to stick with the white. I have to pick up some new ones though. The tires on it are pretty cracked up. Oh, I also added a white pinstripe to seperate the tan and brown paint. It just seemed like it should have one. Anyway, here she is...
DSC02746.jpg

That's on sweet lookin bike..no doubt.Paint looks great. :shock:

very cool lookin bike, b4 and after. i am a big fender and chainguard bike and when you first said you were gonna strip off those parts, i cringed, but the end product looks really good. like what you did with the license plate on the seat stay and if that is bell's cruiser seat, those are so comfortable. i never was into the boardtrack look, but your bike is lookin sweet. :mrgreen:

Hey, thanks man. FYI: I didn't keep the parts I took off and don't plan on selling them or anything. So if I ever decide to sell the bike, I will put them back on. The license plate "holder" was kind of improvised. I used a couple of sissy bar clamps that I had in my parts bin. I was going to replace the handlebars and sprocket, but decided to leave them as is. A little patina never hurt anyone!

bikeriderx said:
Nice! Do the headlight and taillight work?

Sure do! Although, one of the two bulbs in the headlight is blown (an easy fix). I'm not much of a nite rider, so they are more for looks than anything else.

I was thinking ''Leave it as it is!'' But seeing what you have done and in such a short time! you have made a great bike look fantastic! I really love it! :D

Back