Freebie Firestone Alley Score!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was a neighborhood garage sale yesterday. I was out early but still got scooped repeatedly by some older fella with a ponytail driving around in a Subaru. :mad:

I hit most of the sales on foot and came home with nothing very interesting. I was pretty bummed and even went out on the bike this morning looking for the stuff that didn't sell out at the curbs. Nothing.

This evening a friend dropped by to let me know about an older Firestone he had seen propped up against a garage with a FREE sign on it. He drove me over and there it was. It was about six blocks away and unfortunately we were in his restored '49 Plymouth so I got out and pushed it home all of the way with a flat tire.

I have a frame from a '60's men's Firestone I envisioned transferring all of the good parts to. However once I started to look at it more closely I realized this girl's bike was significantly older. I think the men's bike I have was a Murray built bike and I believe this older girl's bike might be a Monark built possibly?

9dfad0788d69bc0d1ed22742fc04d5c6_zps8f63f9ba.jpg

Plan is to slap some new tires on it, a new chain and a quick paint job.

Latest posts

Back