freestyle bike rear hub help Please

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help here, I got a flip bike already to sell but as I was test riding it the rear hub stopped catching and then would catch again, is there anything I can do to fix this or do I just need to find a new wheel set?

Thats my problem it dont have a coaster brake Ive never dealt with a hub like this, I mainly deal with coaster brake bikes or ones I can just swap out rims on.

if its a free wheel just swap out the free wheel very easy to do with proper tools of course :idea: :idea: :idea: :|

You are talking about the freewheel. Put the bike on its side so that the freewheel is flat. Slowing spray some penetrating oil onto the freewheel so that it seeps into the freewheel. Pedal fast backward and or forward to work the oil into the freewheel, it should break up the gunk that is making the ratcheting mechanism stick. Continue doing this, some of them come back to life, some don't.

yoothgeye said:
You are talking about the freewheel. Put the bike on its side so that the freewheel is flat. Slowing spray some penetrating oil onto the freewheel so that it seeps into the freewheel. Pedal fast backward and or forward to work the oil into the freewheel, it should break up the gunk that is making the ratcheting mechanism stick. Continue doing this, some of them come back to life, some don't.

What he said :)

yoothgeye said:
+1

Latest posts

Back