freeware for GoPro editing

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I got a GoPro 2 for christmas, and cant find a simple software to use to EASILY edit videos. Im not super on a computer, but pics have never been a problem . Im not a dummy, but am really struggling with getting vids to post online. I want to edit them first. What do ya all use?

I am going to piggyback on this thread. Sorry that I don't have any answers for you, but I picked up a GoPro a couple of months ago and haven't touched it yet. I will be interested in the answers here.

I have used it, and have gotten so mad, I almost returned it, thinking it was bad. Then got SERIF, a software,and posted 1 vid. Then today,I rode with a few of the KoolKats, and cant get a vid to even show on the computer.
I just got done uninstalling every piece of crap on my puter,trying to start with a clean slate.. I have 1 computer I will ONLY use for vids. I have a netbook,im on now, and an older computer I had Linux put on. I cant find any software for IT. Im disgusted,fer sure.

So you are looking for a free video editing software for Linux?

I did a search on Google for "free video editing software for linux" and this is one of the pages it returned...

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/7-free-ope ... for-linux/

Might be something of use there.

I use Final Cut on an iMac for video editing, but haven't done much for a while... no decent camera :roll:

Good luck finding something... it might just take some time searching.

cant help you on the FREE side of software but a cheap setup is Sony Vegas Platinum. I think the last version I picked up was around $100 or so. I have 3 GoPros and havent had issue with them using Sonys software and both windows 7 and vista.

Just look up FourPlayFilms on Youtube for my vids.

If you have any questions with Go Pro and Sony Vegas I would do my best to help you out.

I use windows movie maker as well. Easy to use and you can combine videos together and even insert photos in with cool transitions. Also makes nice slide shows. You can also use YouTube to do basic editing on videos you uploaded.

Back