French paradox

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zaz

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Allow myself to introduce my Lazy Black Black Phantom

254922110_c3337fee27.jpg

Phantom frame, 26" springer fork chopped & lengthened, old french motorcycle seat, fake speed lever and cable (speed sucks), persons siren (always useful), mirror & shrunken head, 24 x 3 tires.

this photo has been taken in Amsterdam during the Choppernation 2006 (International custom bike meeting).

little dutch film on the event http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtzkpTbz29A&mode=related&search= my lazy bike and I appear during the dragraces

I'm french, I live in Paris, I am 41 and addicted to classic american bicycles.

That's all, let's go cruisin'

The kids love it but just don't understand why it makes no noise when you stop...modern kids need technology :roll:

It sounds really loud.

This is my new project (based on an Elgin Twin bar frame), but I don't like the result for the moment.

I love this frame but I don't find the right fork and handlebars. I tried a Monark springer fork but the top part is too short for this kind of frame. A Schwinn style springer fork could be better.

I gonna try a crossbar handlebar.

I also have a problem with the distance between the saddle and the pedals (very very short), I think I'll have to move the pedals under the frame. I am waiting for the right seat post.

All those problems :wink:

328092410_16035f367c.jpg

very nice!
very nice work indeed!
I wish I had a bigger space to start Cuttin em up
like you are.

I think it's time to pack my kids up,
head over to Granpa's house and
teach them to use torches and welders.

sweet Fabrication ZAZ,
keep posting progress pictures on the second bike!

killer touch with the Shrunken head on the first bike,

peace,

cool bikes

I like your refined rat style. Spokes included. I like the triple tree forks on this bike. I did the same thing. Looks like it could be entered in the bomber class at the local downhill race.

zaz said:
This is my new project (based on an Elgin Twin bar frame), but I don't like the result for the moment.

That bike is COOL, it has the old Harley bobber, flat tracker, dirt racer style
I vote for keeping the current forks..[everybody wantsa schwinn style, like, almost, similar, could be, I think it is original, I pretend it is, springer fork
and keepng the handle bars they really go with the look :p :p :p

Well, thank you for your advices & opinions.

I gonna keep this fork but paint it black (the rims edge too), change the handlebar grip for a basic tape.

I still have to find a solution for the distance saddle pedals.

As it's still time...

Happy new year, best wishes to you all, your families, your friends and of course your bikes

I am in no way a bicycle purist snob but I have to say that Elgin Twin Bar is ine of the more valuable frames that I've seen here. I have pictures of Twin Bars hanging in museums, Elgins are a truely beautiful bike. I dig what you have done to this one, you've taken a fairly conserative cruiser and turned it into a very aggresive street machine. Great job...Kelly
beerchug.gif

nogoodnic42 said:
I am in no way a bicycle purist snob but I have to say that Elgin Twin Bar is ine of the more valuable frames that I've seen here. I have pictures of Twin Bars hanging in museums, Elgins are a truely beautiful bike. I dig what you have done to this one, you've taken a fairly conserative cruiser and turned it into a very aggresive street machine. Great job...Kelly
beerchug.gif
Kelly, I have the uglist ratty Elgins in captivity.....
I picked this up one night when I had been drinking at a party, when someone said "Say, I know where theres a reely old bike, lets go ratting!"
The next morning I found this pile in the back of my van!
2elgin.jpg

1elgin.jpg

Oh yeah it's one of them Elgins runs like a watch.

LOL! Did you back over that first one before loading it into the van? With some sandblasting I'm seeing a chainwheel and posibly a chainguard on that one that could be salvagable. I like the trike in the second pic alot, I have an almost 2 year old neice that I was looking for somthing like that for Christmas for her...Kelly

Back in black...with a french 50's motorcycle fork and a new life for a vacuum cleaner.

507393384_426befabaf.jpg

Back