Fresh barn find for the*Roadies*

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was literally out of a hot texas barn right after Christmas, looks to be a 1966 P13 Schwinn Paramount with some non original parts like the seatpost, stem, mavic clincher hoops, mafac brake levers and calipers.

DSC_0466.jpg

Great find. Drool.
Are you sure the Mafic's aren't stock I kind of remember hearing from someone that those were an option? Matt

MBblue6 said:
Great find. Drool.
Are you sure the Mafic's aren't stock I kind of remember hearing from someone that those were an option? Matt

I agree with Matt. From what I understand about the Paramounts is that they were pretty much custom built for each customer so whoever ordered it could get which ever parts they wanted on it. That bike may be 100% original.

You guys might be right, bike came from the original owner and he said that the bike was how he got it from the bike shop except for the missing campy seatpost, brooks,

bars and tubulars that were on another "custom" bike he had, which also came home with me :)

tuga said:
You guys might be right, bike came from the original owner and he said that the bike was how he got it from the bike shop except for the missing campy seatpost, brooks,

bars and tubulars that were on another "custom" bike he had, which also came home with me :)

What's the other one? Too bad there too tall for me :?

ohdeebee said:
tuga said:

The other one was a "custom" made frame, guy didn't remember who made it. it was reynolds with bocama lugs on it but in very poor shape all rusty and crusty.

Well since you don't know who made it you will just have to send it to me so I can identify it for you. Oh yeah don't forget to throw the paramount in the box too. :D Matt

ohdeebee said:
tuga said:

Too bad it's too expensive for me. :lol:

I'll have to be happy with the Sports Tourer I picked up this fall.

WOW!

I love me a Schwinn Paramount!

Looks like this one would even fit me! :wink:

Any close up pics of the Campy stuff? Crank, ,Derailleur, are the hubs Campy?

Great looking bike looks like it will clean up nicely.

I remember when the foam grips were cool :roll: I never liked them :wink:

Thanks for posting!

Latest posts

Back