Fresh from San Diego

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody!
I'm pretty new to the RatRodBike craze. I'm lookin to learn a lot from you all. My first question is, What is this? I was told it is an Electra Cruiser. The backbone looks right but the down tube throws me off.
010.jpg

Thank!

Welcome ...Im not sure about the frame but I like it..The crank set looks like its off a WCC jesse James bike. :mrgreen:

Welcome from Sacto! :mrgreen:
1sikryd said:
Anybody have an idea what it is?
Sorry, nope..... I've seen a picture of one similar,though I'm pretty sure it's not an Electra because, like you said, the bottom tube is different.

I found this on another forum. Looks like it started out life as the same model bike that I have. Does anybody have a clue????? It's killing me not knowing the origins.
59k11.jpg

FatBoy said:
Could it be Micargi :?:

I hope not! The frame seems pretty old. The guy I bought it from had it sandblasted and powder coated. He claims it was an Electra, but I doubt that. I remember in the early 90's, before rear suspension was big, there were bikes with this down tube sold at Costco (Price Club). Mongoose maybe????

Looks like a "Phat" frame. My "First Class" Chopper is a similiar design.

I think I remember seeing that bike on San Diego Craigslist. The guy selling it was saying it was an Electra......I dont think so....

Back