FROM PEDDLERS SWAP +1,NOW STRIPPED

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Well at first the Peddlers Swap was a wash out,then Sills,Clark,Rich & I went and had breakfast...Sills gets a couple of phone calls &
the swap was back on...confused?,we were as well.I will tell you one thing though,them boys up outta Haysville/Derby KS. are some
of the swap'inest hardcores a body could ever hope to meet!Tim,Cody & Hoss,Thanx guys...Only bought a couple of things,sold a
bunch,gave some away...

100B1960.jpg

My new $20 Monark ballooner badged as a Western Flyer
100_1971.jpg

A cool little Androck basket...$5
and this arrived in the mail Saturday...
100_1970.jpg

100_1972.jpg

by this time tomorrow these babies will be down to bare metal
all in all,I think we all had a great time at the Peddlers Swap once again.Thanx Rick!...P 8)
As promised,here's pics of the same straightbar tanks stripped of their paint,decals,chrome & nickel.What's left is copper & steel.
Copper is used,in the plating trade,almost like body filler in the auto body biz...it fills in imperfections.Since it provides excellent
"traction" for the paint,their is no need to remove it.

100_1977.jpg

100_1978.jpg

The BEST way to remove chrome &/or nickel is to take your piece to a plating shop & have them remove it.There is really no good way to remove it yourself at home...you run the risk of ruining your part by trying to remove it "mechanically"...P 8)

Re: FROM PEDDLERS SWAP +1

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Sweet finds! 8) Build Off bike? :D
Hadn't thought about it,much,possibly...who knows?...P 8)

Latest posts

Back