From Russia with build!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there!

My name is Vladimir, i'm from St-Petersburg, Russia.
I'd like to present my first [and my first bicyle ever, not counting 4-wheeled bike] build based on Russian made cruiser frame. Factory that made the frame called STELS (i hope it was called after stealth technology, but most likely it's a soviet acronym:))

so, first i was like this [stock bought for 6000 russian roubles which equals to 200 USD]:

It was my first bike ever boght for my own money [the last was 12" kid model at the adge of 6, now i'm 27, lol] in 2011. After first couple months i've found a lot of info about cruisers and custom bikes. This forum as well :)

After getting some info and basic skills my bike started to look like this:

As soon as i've received my new frame (KHE Style cruiser RED), springer fork and apehanger would be transplanted to this frame and i should think over new mods to the bike i have at the moment.

Plans are:

- cruiser @moon shaped@ bars
-something made with the front end
- headlight with LED lamp
- Grips
- Chain guard

etc.

Hope you like it.

~cheers from "not so snowy Russia",
Vladimir

to be continued...

Peatbog said:
That is cool. What did you do to the chain guard? Is that paint or a covering of some kind?

I've covered it with old bandana using double-sided duct tape :) Haven't expected this to be that "immortal" - nothing happened to this chainguard even after a year of all weather usage.

Just ordered this http://robsson.de/Felgen/Fette-Felgen-H ... 4ef7c4ef7c for rear wheel, hope to get it at least by the end of February (yeah, russian post kinda slow)

Also, i've changed the haldlebar back to moon-shaped, inslalled 1" chrome truss rods and rigid fork, had to fix it with two old fashioned 1" head stems (it all assembled looks like 3 crown fork:)) and a rechargeable headlight. Will post some pics today later on as soon as i get camera.

To be continued...

Kinda experiental post for me, first off because it was made from e-book, then because i haven't gave up this build even tho i've received another frame and wheels. Hope, i' be able to upload the photoes and share the progress.

Stay tuned!

Back