fuji tahoe

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I cant seem to find any info on this bike anyone know anything about them?
P7220015.jpg

These were just cheap departement store mtb from the late 80'... in canada zellers had them if i rememeber well...I was fixing a ton of theses back in 86-88 at the shop. looking at the shifters and cranks it probably an 85 or 86.

thanks I wondered the guy told me it was an expensive bike his dad bought back in the day and its got a chrome moly frame and decent components but like I said I cant find any info on it

I have wondered about the Fuji bikes.

When I was 13 (1984) I got a Fuji 10 speed bike for my birthday because I was going to start riding my bike to Jr. High (3 miles away).

Back then, Fujis were very nice bikes only sold at bike stores and I think my Dad paid $300 for that bike.

Fast Forward to a few months ago and I responded to a CL ad for a 90s model Fuji and when I went to check it out it was a real cheap piece of junk. Big "MADE IN TAIWAN" sticker on the headtube.

Obviously somewhere down the line they sold out. :roll:

Hooch said:
thanks I wondered the guy told me it was an expensive bike his dad bought back in the day and its got a chrome moly frame and decent components but like I said I cant find any info on it

Fuji had a hiher end line of bikes in the 80' but his bike was not one of them...but it's possble that the frame is cro-mo, there were a lot a of different quality of cromo back in the days and the tubes were cheap to buy...

tartosuc said:
Hooch said:

Fuji had a hiher end line of bikes in the 80' but his bike was not one of them...but it's possble that the frame is cro-mo, there were a lot a of different quality of cromo back in the days and the tubes were cheap to buy...
I think I see a "10" on the sticker, which would indicate 1010-1040 (probably 1020) high tensile steel.

Back