G I Joe's eyes move back and forth

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
When you move the lever on the back of his head.
I got a box of these and some similar vintage Barbie stuff at a yardsale yesterday for $8. We'll see what Ebay thinks of them.
IMG_7340.jpg

IMG_7341.jpg

IMG_7342.jpg

thats a copy of the original action man. (he had darker hair)
as a kid i had tonnes of action man stuff (in england)
tanks,jeeps,jets,subs, tents, the works. quite a large series of toys.,

my collection filled the entire spare bedroom.

Action Man was then developed with primarily British themes from 1970 onwards: military, adventurers, and sportsman, as Palitoy wanted to distinguish their product line from the U.S. counterpart. (Bill) William A.G. Pugh was the head of Action Man's product development at Palitoy, and can be credited with the development of innovations to the product line which included the flocked hair, gripping hands, and later "Eagle Eyes" which all crossed over to the G.I. Joe line[4], and by extension to that of other Hasbro licensees.

Sharp eyes, I was just looking at his backside and he's labeled Action Man. Turns out about half this stuff is Action Man and the other half is G I Joe.
I had a big pile of Joe myself and hadn't ever heard of Action Man till I found this guy.

as far as action man goes, theres 2 types.

the early action figures were much heavier than the newer ones.
the arms and legs were almost solid plastic.
later they switched to blow molds and action man/g.i. joe became hollow/much lighter.
if i'm not mistaken it was a much cheaper harder plastic also.

oh btw my first action man was calld gi joe.
i bet you i had more than 95 percent of this stuff (and more)
http://www.actionmanhq.co.uk/forum/prin ... 0692&pp=40

I am too young for the big joes, but I got in on the first few years of the small joes. I know it's nerdy, but I've got more 3 3/4" joes now than back in '83!
Anyway, if you want to sell, you shouldn't have too much problem making some money. There should be a collector market somewhere.

Latest posts

Back