garbage lowrider gets rat rodded

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got the frame of some kid who spray bombed it. took about 1 week to get it to bare metal. check it! heres the before
418148_3507537486663_1218593705_3570889_218145718_n.jpg

and the after
527369_3625572317460_1218593705_3631768_998640327_n.jpg

8)

Re: Non Repro Apple Krate

Thanks e1. First, I'm not surprised its not a stingray. Tons of people from bike shops told me it was. How did you figure it out. Also... I wanted to go with a deeper more vibrant red than the Apple krate red. I rattle canned it with duplicolor metallic sparkle. If there's one thing I'm good at, its spray paint lol. I'll have some close up pics of the surface soon

Re: Non Repro Apple Krate

chainwhipped.jeff said:
Thanks e1. First, I'm not surprised its not a stingray. Tons of people from bike shops told me it was. How did you figure it out. Also... I wanted to go with a deeper more vibrant red than the Apple krate red. I rattle canned it with duplicolor metallic sparkle. If there's one thing I'm good at, its spray paint lol. I'll have some close up pics of the surface soon

Main thing is the welds,stingrays are fillet brazed(smooth) except for the repops in the mid & late 2000's.The dropout is all wrong and the chainguard tab is wrong.Stingrays have welded on kickstand mounts.Im floored that those bike shops wouldnt know the difference,must be new bike guys.There are other details not worth mention.
Looks like you have a cool muscle bike frame but not a schwinn

Re: Columbia Playboy build

so next time i gotta look at the welds and dropouts. Thanx for the pics! Love krates!

Re: Columbia Playboy build

Hey there,

I have a Columbia Playbike, not Playboy although it would be more fun, from when I was a kid in my shed.
It is all original and still rideable. Been thinking about a restore on it but have too many bike projects and not enough time.
Mine is metalic green with a gold banana seat and matching grips.

Good luck on the build, I'll be checking back.

Thanks for making me remeber when,

Sludgeguy

Back