Gas cap/filler, etc.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, guys. I'm getting ready to fabricate a gas tank for my board tracker, but I have no idea where to get a gas cap/filler assembly and other fittings I'll need. I've tried all types of searches. Any help?

What I did with my 1911 Indian build is I got a large nut and bolt at a metal dealership and welded the nut to the inside of the tank and the bolt is the gas cap (cool octagon shape). Drill a hole down the center of the bolt and solder a coiled copper tube for the breather and use an O-ring for the seal. Works great.

gascap.jpg

i know im probably diggin up an old thread..

but heres what we came up with. now the pics arent the best for descriptive purposes.. But ill try explain best.

parts used :
2x fork steerer tubes.
Fork%20steerer.jpg

2x fork top nuts
140.jpg

2x 10c AUD coins or similar, or small peices of sheet metal
2x thin pieces of flat cork
thumbnail.php

basically, cut the top threaded section of the steerer tube off to desired length. cut your holes into the tanks and weld the steerer tubes in. The next part, cut a small piece of steel and cork (to help with a good seal) to the same internal diameter of the fork top nut (exactly the same as a 10c AUD coin) you could actually use the coin if u wanted some unique detail.

tumblr_lmkw0eliX21qlozm7o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lml06bgqWF1qlozm7o1_500.jpg

and thats what we did.

ThinkTwiceCo,

Uh Oh, your hooked now! I love all the cool stuff for motorized builds that Pirate has.

Back