Gas Tank?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi i am looking for a gast tank that will fit in between the bar of my schwinn panther frame..Anyone out there make them? Any help would be great. Also need one for my 1935 mens roadmaster frame

I am not aware of anyone that makes gas tanks specifically for the Panther. However, there's a guy that has fabricated tanks for the worksman bicycle. If you google "Sportsman Flyer" and shoot Pat an e-mail, he maybe willing to build you one. He is very reasonable, considering the fact this would be a one-off.

Another option is the small keg style tank that attached to the seat post from www,piratecycles1.com.

I also know one guy who fabricated one from wood and sealed the inside with POR-15 (tank sealer); and believe it or not has been using it without problems for over a year.

Best of luck in your quest for the right gas tank to compliment a beautiful back.

Update: Just noticed another thread here, were Pat had fabricated a gas tank for his 1950 Panther. Sounds like you are in luck and can get one from him. See "Roman's Boardtracker (1950 Schwinn Panther) thread.

I can build tanks for any machine. I have stock tanks to suit stretched(3") Worksman frames, and can produce one off glass tanks to fit any bike in any stage of completion from raw basic tank to finished, painted and decaled items ready to install.
Rick...
253-249-6337

Back