gas tank

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the CE flux core wire feed that I use. Mine has high/low settings. There is no way to weld 22ga without burning through. Why not just buy a tank? This one is only $20 at http://www.gasbike.net

78_large.jpg

Sounds like yourusin a Harbor Fright welder. Dose it even use Co2 or is it in the wire ??

Welding is a funny thing. Some are born with it & others never get it.

Personaly, I would tig weld it using 20 to 22 guage mild steal or better yet , 6065 T1 Renolds aluminum.

Not ment as a slamm ok ..... I wouldnt even let a Chicago Electric Machine into or even near my workshop. I would do without first lol.
There are a few things in life you cant cut corners on & to become a fair to good welder, you need a decent machine..... You know , junk in, junk out.

Hey im as bad or Cheep as the rest of you .... But , this is one area that beeing a cheepskate will ALWAYS effect the final outcome on a quality level on your project

You can discount this if you want .... Good luck & give it a try .

a good welder is something you cant / shouldn't skimp on.
This advice comes from someone that 40 PLUS YEARS DOING THIS , AND has welded almost every type of metal known to man proficently EXCEPT Cast Iron. That would Include Titanium & exotic Stainless Steels Including Inconil.

I share this with you NOT to Big deal you but rather as the VOICE OF Wisdom & Reasoning. Learn from my experiancs I have been able to accumilate over the last umpteen years of doing it real time for a living.

The better your equiptment, the better you will become , your stuff will look better at a way faster rate. Been there, done thaT

A Good welder wont have to grind much when he / she is done to have a nice part.

Wingman Back To Base .... OUT

Latest posts

Back