Gaskill's Hop Shop presents: the Lo-Cal Kustom

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Well I had my daily cruiser broke down to re-work and then i found out about the build off so i'm just going to let it roll in here. I normally don't broadcast my somewhat normal bikes, but i'm feeling it. So i didn't really get a good before picture of my bike but i did find this one at a little bike show we did. I hope it works as a before shot.
25872_377943312217_110706512217_390.jpg

My bike is sitting directly behind the woman's cruiser ( which belongs to my doll ) I don't know the year but its a western flyer with original paint, well whats left of it.

In this picture i had taken off the orignal skiptooth crank and rims, i will be going back to that original set up.

If i can find any other older pictures of this bike i will be sure to share them. I'm just hoping this is good enough for a before shot.

Re: Gaskill's Hop Shop presents: (insert name here)

wouldn't it be funny if he DOES NOT do a steampunk styled bike :lol:

karfer67 said:

I don't really see how my work is steampunk. I agree that rag and bone had that steam flavor, but that was a couple of years ago. I feel like what I do is more based on americana speed and southern engineering.

gaskill said:
karfer67 said:

I don't really see how my work is steampunk. I agree that rag and bone had that steam flavor, but that was a couple of years ago. I feel like what I do is more based on americana speed and southern engineering.

That's the way I've seen your work. "Steampunk" gets painted with a pretty broad brush these days, though.

Lookin good so far! Keep up the good work, and I plan on being @ the ride on FRI.

Later.
B. Phantom

klunk006.jpg

WOW, an original Hawthorne Comet, great Patina I love it, and would keep it as is but then again this is NOT a purist bike site, so Rat it out! or Steam Punk! whatever you do it'll be awsome :D

"Get Lucky".........One of the coolest works of ART here............Nothing steam punk about it. Couldn't ride it.....Just looked cool. I hope it's on display, somewhere.

lookin good! :D get that matchin back wheel an call er done.

Back