G'day from Oz (Oi Oi Oi)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello My name is Perry and I'm an Alcoholic...Mmmm wait..Sorry ,wrong Forum...My Bad.I live in Australia but I'm a Yank.I was born in Los Angeles in 1958(There where only 48 States then and I believe Dinosaurs still roamed the Earth).Moved to Oregon..Washington..Joined the Army..Kentucky..Alabama..Korea..Texas...quit the army,went back to California...remembered Why we left..went to Alaska to kill fish for the next 16 years(miss ya Sitka).Moved to Australia right after 9/11 to marry my beautiful Wendy.So I've been down under oh 11 years it seems.Really a nice country to live in(Fair Dinkem Mate) but they need to learn how to drive on the right side of the road.When I'm not riding around on the back of a Kangaroo I like riding around on one of my many old well loved bikes.I've always loved bikes.I love collecting(wife calls it "Hoarding",must be a Aussie word for collecting I recken) and building bikes.Nothing better than getting a couple of old bikes from the tip and making a "frankenstein Bike" out of them(It's ALIVE!!).I mainly like building vintage BMX bikes but I got a "Ratter" in the works and I'll have to post some pic's of the build.LOTS of cool bikes on this site people,I like your style.Cheers

Rat Fink said:
I love collecting(wife calls it "Hoarding",must be a Aussie word for collecting I recken) and building bikes.Nothing better than getting a couple of old bikes from the tip and making a "frankenstein Bike" out of them(It's ALIVE!!).

The "collecting/hoarding" is not an Aussie thing, it's a gender thing! We collect, they say we hoard ( I wish I still had that big bucket of nuts, bolts and bits and bobs she convinced me to sell in a yard sale 20 years ago, that'll teach me! )
Good tip on the tip, gotta go check some out... what sort of prices do they ask?
Which part of Oz do you call home now?

I'm at Bacchus Marsh Mate.Most tips charge $5.00 a bike but one of the guys at our local tip gives me all the bikes I want for free.Most are newer kids bikes but you can find some treasures too.Last week I got a "beasley" 10 speed for free.Never heard of the brand but it had a beasley bike shop,footscray sticker on it and John Bleasley autograph stickers also.Looked on Google and Beasleys are Australian Cycling Royality I recken.Aussie Champion and one rode in the Tour de France in the 50's.It's going to make a great fixie.And yes Henry I'll post some pics of my build soon.I have Family from your neck of the woods.I'm a member of the Peoria Tribe of Oklahoma.They are in Miami Oklahoma. :D Well anyway thanks for the replys Guys.Cheers

Latest posts

Back