Geared Apehangers

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to try some geared apehanger beach bikes. The blue Huffy is my wife's 6 speed. The black/purple Amf/Roadmaster is mine. I know but the step thru frame is nice when the seat is adjusted so high. It's a 5 speed now but I may ad the front derailleur and make it a 10. This was a 26x1 3/8 skinny tire bike. Turned it into a cruiser because I liked the webbed look of the frame around the rear axle. Anyone have an idea of the year on the AMF?
Please add any GEARED APEHANGER pics here too! Thanks!!
vixenandfrankie011.jpg

vixenandfrankie003.jpg

vixenandfrankie009.jpg

Thanks for the info Max! I had to knock a 2x4 block between the chain stays to spread the frame a little for the geared wheel. The front forks were surprisingly cruiser width already. It was a internal 3 speed bike with dainty little chrome fenders. Your bike is awesome too!

MadMax '58 said:
Nice!... :D....Pretty sure it's an early 60's AMF Voyager....Those huge rear dropouts are cool....Don't see many of them!....
I just passed one up today because I didn't think it could take a 26 x 2.125 tire in the rear, seeing as it came with the 26 x 1 3/8.
I guess I should've gone to see it and measured it....Hope it's still there tomorrow...... :D

My Geared Apehanger: "Slow Transformation"...... :D
53.jpg
What kind of sorcery is that awesome seatpost? Where can I get one?

here's my geared KIA badged rat , three spd internal , black rims, welded tank plate , Schwinn mag sprocket, took this pic. while spending last summer in lake Tahoe CA. on the steps of the Erhman Mansion, in Sugar Pine State Park.

KIA.jpg

This is another apehanger coaster brake bike I did this past winter. An old Western Flyer.
WF004.jpg

Please add ANY APEHANGER bikes! I love to see them!!

Back