General Works

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay, I think I'm in this build-off, though I'm starting late.

Picked up this bike today. I think it's a Worksman, but no headbadge, so can't tell for sure. Wheels and seat are not original. No fenders. I'm not sure if the front fork is the original. The paint on it is old and matches the rest of the bike, but it looks like the threaded stem was slightly too short, and it's not the style of fork on the other two Worksman bikes this guy had. Rear wheel is slightly out of true, and doesn't match the front wheel, either. The kickstand is a poor fit for the frame.

There is a serial number on the bottom bracket, starts with NB, and underneath is "8 9", so maybe it's an '89 model?

I'm planning to go for the Columbia military bike look, hence the name.
DSCN0618_564Proc.jpg

The serial number starts with "NB" and it occurred to me today, that's "News Boy" which is what Worksman calls their standard bike. So yup, that's what it is.

The guy I bought it from had bought a number of industrial bikes at an auction. Some I didn't recognize, he had an Emory, two or three other Worksman, and bunch of Schwinn cantilevers.

Back