Get logos / labels off tire side wall and coloring tires

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have a couple new tires in a 'carmel' / clay color with bright white lettering on them. Looks like it might be an inked on logo? Anyone have some methods / ideas to be able to remove these so I just have the tire color showing?

I am also interested in possibly adding a colored side wall (i.e. white wall, but not white). I remember somebody doing this in BO-11, and others. Can anyone help me locate some examples of previous attempts / successes?

Thanks ahead of time! RaT oN!

20161110_121458.jpg
20161110_121458.jpg

I masked off my rims and spray painted the tires where the writing is . I used that automotive black trim paint for plastic. It's held up pretty good and the color matched well , but had chipped of some . It worked ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've used Acetone and a rag before to get logos off of tires and seats before. Sometimes it takes going over it several times until it comes off.

Not too sure about the graphics on those tires though. Sometimes they use a heat transfer process that embeds the stuff into the rubber and it's impossible to get it off.

I don't think there is a viable way to paint a sidewall with out accepting it will fail.
Alsa corp used to make rubber ready paint but have shut down due to Albert being a spoiled little brat... Daddy shut off the funding and went back to selling jewellery boxes.
It's a shame they had some awsome products and held license on the best rubberized flat clear ever...
Sidewalls flex too mutch to not expect it to splinter and crack the peel.

I've used Acetone and a rag before to get logos off of tires and seats before. Sometimes it takes going over it several times until it comes off.

Not too sure about the graphics on those tires though. Sometimes they use a heat transfer process that embeds the stuff into the rubber and it's impossible to get it off.
Do you follow up with anything after the acetone to neutralize it or is it not an issue?
Thanks

I have a feeling that's what this is Steve. Every little pimple of the tire shows through the lettering....

Latest posts

Back