Getting weird CL vibes on my bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I checked my email when I got home, for other stuff actually, and I had gotten another message from "them", as after my wife and i had read the emails all sent and recieved, we agree it sounds like 3 different people responding back to me, and this latest message was still very generic, just asking to get confirmation after sending money ( :lol: ) but it was signed by Jason Honey, best reguard... which is MY name. So I emailed them back basically that i rode it to work today, to give it a good test ride and some punks had cut my lock and taken off with it. Told them I was in local communications with the YPD and county sheriffs about the "theft". No bike no problems, but any more I will probably do what Steve suggested and delete.

I am just creeped out by it being signed in my legal name, but my wife said she thinks one of them doesn't speak english and didn't know what they were doing. Moral of the story kids, if it doesnt sound right then it probably isn't.

when I post stuff on CL .. i request they send contact phone nr.. and will only reply to
the emails that send a NR... cuts way down on the crap and anything else I delete

Henry morgan said:
when I post stuff on CL .. i request they send contact phone nr.. and will only reply to
the emails that send a NR... cuts way down on the crap and anything else I delete

That's a good way to do it, just get right down to the brass tacks. Just remember to *69 your number I wouldn't want half of these whack jobs having my number.

So they still trying to get me to send money. :roll:
Even after I told them the bike had been riped off, there is no more bike for sale, and to cancel the paypal money transfer (even though we all know it doesn't exist). Now, they say for me the supposed "son" had his heart set on this bike and to find another bike asap. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Told them that I have MY HEART set on forwarding any and all information and emails they have sent me to me local internet fraud/law enforcement agencies and TO FIND another sucker. Changed all my CL ads to cater ONLY to southern Oregon and Northern Caifornia and cash, face to face and a handshake transactions only. Thanks for all the good advice.

Typical CL/internet scam...emails usually come from overseas and the person doesn't even know what they are "buying". I look at it like this, anyone who is willing to "pay" you more than your asking price, is not goin to "pay" you...plain and simple. Oh and I've seen the same scam with checks....I'll send you a check for x amount you send me the item plus a check for the difference. I think its funny, but who knows how many people fall for it.

I use to entertain them and send back messages and waste their time, but all it was doing was wasting my time. I even had one admit to me (when I called them out) that it was a scam, I told them that the the "rich Americans" they thought they were scamming were actually poor uneducated Americans, it was weird how long that conversation went on and how the guy said that if he ever learned that the person was actually not rich or down on their luck that he wouldn't go on with the scam... yeah right.

Now everytime I list something on CL, I get these scams and I just delete and move on.

You should never respond, this gives the spammer a working e-mail address, to now send you spam to or sell to someone else. I only respond using my work address because they have a very good spam filter.

Back