Gichigami Growler Grabber - Finished!!! Pic on page 8

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if I could scuff up my current clear coat and brush this stuff over the top?
Yup. But it does take about 3 days to totally dry. You can handle it easily the next day but for that bullet proof coat wait a few days. Check out por15.com and click on the clearcoats tab. Believe me, this stuff is awesome, I've been using it for about 20 years now.

I ruined the truvativ bottom bracket by my own stupidity with a mallet and impatience....So I decided to order this instead - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001G8TSPS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
41CKo00lz8L.jpg

And thankfully the cups on this BB Adapter are not nearly as deep as the truvativ adapter so I should be able to get this installed with just a bit more grinding.

Made some great progress this weekend.
Finally got the BB adapter installed. Sooooooooo glad I found this one. It installed so much easier than the Truvativ three bolt setup.

IMAG1236.jpg

IMAG1239.jpg

IMAG1242.jpg
IMAG1243.jpg

The front wheel is just a placeholder until the blue rim comes back from the LBS with the new disc hub installed. I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with this build. It's gonna be soooo close.
IMAG1245.jpg
IMAG1247.jpg

So, I had the GGG assembled and rideable last night, disc brakes and all, or so I thought.....
I had to spread the rear stays a bit to fit the nexus hub and after tightening everything down, I noticed a wobble in the rear. I couldn't get the tire to stay straight.
After further inspection, I saw one of the brazes broke where the dropouts go into the frame.

I tried re-brazing it but it's not holding. If I can't find someone to weld it, I am not sure what I am gonna do. ARGH!!!!

Last edited:
I sure hope you find a welder buddy!

Thanks guys!
For all intensive purposes, if I can't get it welded tonight, I am going to fully assemble it and get pics. Not sure if that will violate the rules or not, but it's done other than this minor setback.

Awesome blast from the past!
Great photo!

Latest posts

Back